Monday, July 10, 2017

  Welcome to Kindergarten!

      My name is Jamie Marchese, and I will be your child’s kindergarten teacher. I am honored to be a part of this special stage in your child’s life and look forward to getting to know you and your little student very soon.  This year your child will develop into a reader, a writer, a mathematician, a scientist, a good friend, and a great student.  I can’t wait!

If you are new to Gold Rush Elementary, you will soon find out that it is a great place to be.  I have been lucky to be here since we opened a few years ago.  Over the years I have taught in Virginia, Texas, and Colorado in a variety of grade levels from Pre-K to 5th grade. This year will be my 16th year teaching and 13th year in Kindergarten. I am originally from Virginia where I graduated from Radford University with a degree in Elementary and Middle Education. I continued my education along the way with courses in English, Spanish, Reading, Writing, and Literature…which eventually led me to pursue a Masters Degree in Literacy and endorsement in Administration. I also have endorsements and experience working with English Language Learners. In case you haven’t guessed—I love anything to do with education, especially language and literacy. I love kindergarten and I love Gold Rush! 

Outside of school I enjoy spending time with family. Parker has been our home for over 18 years now and I loved raising my boys here.  I have two sons, Caden and Quinn, who are growing up too fast. Cade just graduated from CU Boulder this spring and is living and working in Denver. Quinn went to CU last year as a freshman and will be taking a year off to work before returning to Boulder. We love music, movies, traveling, eating out, and just hanging together or with friends. 

I look forward to working with you and your child in the upcoming school year!  If you have questions, please feel free to email me at Jamie.marchese@dcsdk12.org.


Ms. Jamie Marchese
(mar-kay-zee)